Me

Me
Notes from the seedy underbelly of a new runner.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

While we're here...

Let's put the brakes on for a minute. The first thing I should have done when I set up this blog was to introduce myself and let you know why I'm doing this. I live in the Midwest (Wisconsin), I love cheese, pizza, couches, cats and movies...a little too much. But I also love running. I'm new to it. And though I bitch and moan a lot in my posts it is all done with a grain of salt. I want to let other people just starting out know that they aren't the only ones who have bad days and bad experiences while out running. And if you do, there's noting wrong with venting...
      I have a wonderful support system of friends and family that have encouraged me to continue running. I have an awesome boyfriend that listens to me when I complain about shin splints, evil motorists and the over-enthusiastic dogs I encounter on my runs. I have running friends new and old in Tulsa, OK (where I grew up) who told me I could do it, I can run...they pretty much sealed the deal and got me hooked (thank you Stormy and Ken). I have my parents and my brother, the most amazing people in the world...and many more! Without these people in my life I would have started, but never continued. So enjoy my posts and never take yourself too seriously (or I will hunt you down).

No comments:

Post a Comment