Me

Me
Notes from the seedy underbelly of a new runner.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Next day pain.

2/7/11-Recovery day and uber calves. Dear sweet-barbecue-sauce-jeezus! I hurt. My legs are sore and feel like they are made of brittle rubber. If I move too much too fast they'll snap off.
My snow run yesterday had done more damage than I thought. Not only am I sore but my calves are BULGING! They are rock hard bulging testaments of manliness. I want them to stop. I'm not a man.
     And they no longer match the rest of my body which is normally soft maybe even gelatinous to the touch. I don't know how to get rid of them and before you ask, yes, I did stretch before AND after running. I have also kept myself well hydrated. Other than that I have only been able to come up with the following solutions:

Home Surgery

 Popping them (maybe they're just blisters)

Smothering them in honey and letting the wildlife take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment